We value your business and we know your privacy is important to you. Accordingly, we have implemented this Privacy Notice to inform you of the information that we collect from you when you visit this website (“Website“), what we do with it and how you can exercise your privacy rights.
We recommend that you read this Notice in full to ensure you are fully informed. However, if you only want to access a particular section of this Notice, then you can click on the relevant link below to jump to that section.
What personal information do we collect
Information you provide to us
Certain parts of our Website may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily: for example, we ask you to provide your name, contact details and payment details in order to purchase a printed product from us or to set up an online account, or your email address to sign up to receive a newsletter and/or to submit enquiries to us.
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
Information that we collect automatically
When you visit our Website, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, browser-type, the URL of the previous web site you visited, your ISP, operating system and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Website, including the pages accessed and links clicked.
Collecting this information enables us to better diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Website, as well as understand the visitors who come to our Website, where they come from, and what content is of interest to them. This information aids us in merchandising and in developing the design and layout of the Website. Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as explained further under the heading ‘Cookies and similar tracking technology’ below
What we do with your personal information
Under no circumstances do we rent, trade or share your address or e-mail address with any other company for their marketing purposes without your consent. We may use the information we collect through our Website for a number of reasons, including to:
- provide, operate, optimize and maintain the Website and our products and services;
- process, fulfill and provide updates on orders;
- set up online accounts;
- where it is in accordance with your preferences send you marketing communications we think you’ll find valuable, and if you take advantage of special offers made by our marketing partners, send your details to our marketing partners (with your consent);
- provide customer support, deal with your online enquiries and requests, and to provide you with information and access to resources or services that you have requested from us;
- to improve our ability to serve you relevant ads across the Internet for products that will be more interesting to you, we may provide your personal information to our advertising agents that use your information solely for our advertising purposes. You may, from time to time, receive information (including by email or postal mail) from us about new features, new services and special offers we think you’ll find valuable;
- improve the layout, navigation and content of our Website;
- identify any server problems or other IT or network issues;
- compile aggregated statistics about customer traffic patterns and site usage to better understand the preferences of our visitors; and
- carry out other legitimate business purposes, such as to improve our products and services, as well as other lawful purposes about which we will notify our users and clients.
We will only process personal information in ways that are compatible with the purpose we collected it for, or for the purposes you later authorize. Before we use your personal information for a purpose that is materially different than the purpose we collected it for or that you later authorized, we will provide you with the opportunity to opt-out.
Legal basis for processing your personal information (EEA visitors/customers only)
If you are a visitor/customer located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. We will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate business interests. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to enter into a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information). Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests, we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the ‘How to contact us’ heading below
International data transfers
Your personal information may be stored and processed by us in any country where we have facilities or where we engage service providers, and your personal information may therefore be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including the U.S., which may have different data protection rules to those of your country. Where we do so, our collection, storage and use of your personal information will be in accordance with the purposes set out in this Notice.
Specifically, we may transfer your personal and non-personal information to chrisgollon.com. for storage in the U.S.
How we protect your information
The security of your personal information is very important to us.
When you enter sensitive information such as a credit card number on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). For purchases made online with credit cards, we store your credit card number in encrypted form for a limited amount of time, and our employees do not have access to this information. We do not store PIN data or 3-digit security codes.
We use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your data protection rights & choices
You have the following rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under ‘How to contact us’ heading below. You can correct many of the details in your account by logging in to your account.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here.
You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. Alternatively, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your complete name, e-mail address and mailing address. Note that it may take up to three business days to remove you from our marketing lists and after this point you may still receive customer service related communications from us.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, for legal, tax or regulatory reasons, or other lawful purposes.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
How to contact us
Please note that for the purposes of EU data protection legislation, IAP Fine Art. is the controller of your personal information in respect interactions with and purchases made from our European websites.